> > Uk > Edinburgh, Scotland Climate > Sunshine/ Daylight Hrs/ Day Length

Uk flag

Sunshine & Daylight Hours in Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk

  • On balance sunlight hours in Edinburgh, Scotland range from 1h 25' per day in December to 6h 16' for every day in June
  • The longest day of the year is 17h 30' long and the shortest day is 7h 04' long.
  • The longest day is 10h 26' longer than the shortest day.
  • There is an average of 1384 hours of sunlight per year (of a possible 4383) with an average of 3h 47' of sunlight per day.
  • It is sunny 31.6% of daylight hours. The remaining 68.4% of daylight hours are likely cloudy or with shade, haze or low sun intensity.
  • At midday the sun is on average 34.4° above the horizon at Edinburgh, Scotland.

Edinburgh, Scotland Climate Table

  Climate Variable Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
Average Sunlight Hours/ Day 1h 44' 2h 41' 3h 34' 4h 52' 5h 50' 6h 16' 5h 13' 4h 36' 4h 12' 3h 05' 1h 54' 1h 25'   3h 47'
Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day 7h 41' 9h 30' 11h 47' 14h 11' 16h 19' 17h 30' 16h 58' 15h 04' 12h 43' 10h 19' 8h 11' 7h 04'   12h 00'
Percentage of Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours 24 (76) 29 (71) 31 (69) 35 (65) 36 (64) 36 (64) 31 (69) 31 (69) 34 (66) 31 (69) 24 (76) 21 (79)   32 (68)
Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (). 14.2 23.5 34.3 45.9 54.2 57.4 54.4 46 34.6 23.2 14.1 10.6   34.4

Hours of Sunshine & Daylight Nearby Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk

Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk
302.7 kms (188.1 miles) NW
Kinloss, Uk
183.2 kms (113.9 miles) N
Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk
115.7 kms (71.9 miles) NNW
Tiree, Uk
222.2 kms (138.1 miles) WNW
Glasgow, Scotland, Uk
64 kms (39.8 miles) WSW
Malin Head, Ireland
256.4 kms (159.3 miles) WSW
Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk
250.1 kms (155.4 miles) WSW
Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk
232.4 kms (144.4 miles) SW
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk
233 kms (144.8 miles) SW
Clones, Ireland
313.8 kms (195 miles) SW
Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk
214.9 kms (133.5 miles) SSW
Dublin, Ireland
339 kms (210.7 miles) SW
Valley, Uk
314.1 kms (195.2 miles) SSW
Orkney Islands, Uk
329.4 kms (204.7 miles) N
Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk
150.7 kms (93.6 miles) NNE
Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk
77.5 kms (48.1 miles) S
Tynemouth, England, Uk
166 kms (103.1 miles) SE
Leeming, Uk
223.4 kms (138.8 miles) SSE
Hull, England, Uk
320.5 kms (199.2 miles) SE
Manchester, England, Uk
297.6 kms (184.9 miles) SSE

Go up