| < December >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Edinburgh, Scotland in December is cool at 3.9 °C (39.02 °F).
- Afternoons can be a little cool with average high temperatures reaching 6.9 °C (44.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very cool with an average low of 0.9 °C (33.6 °F).
- The average diurnal temperature range/ variation in December is 6 °C (10.8 °F).
- The weather in December is slightly dry with sleet, rain or snow at intervals. Only 58mm (2.3in) of water is unloaded during on average 18 days.
- The skies in Edinburgh, Scotland are dismal with an average of just 1:25 of radiant solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 6:58 long and the longest day is 7:23 long with an average length of 7:05.
- There are approximately 5:22 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 20.9% of daylight hours and cloudy 79.1% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Edinburgh, Scotland December averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for December in Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk
Navigate to December Weather in Locations Surrounding Edinburgh, Scotland:
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 302.7 kms (188.1 miles) NW
- Kinloss, Uk - 183.2 kms (113.9 miles) N
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 115.7 kms (71.9 miles) NNW
- Tiree, Uk - 222.2 kms (138.1 miles) WNW
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 64 kms (39.8 miles) WSW
- Malin Head, Ireland - 256.4 kms (159.3 miles) WSW
- Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 250.1 kms (155.4 miles) WSW
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 232.4 kms (144.4 miles) SW
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 233 kms (144.8 miles) SW
- Clones, Ireland - 313.8 kms (195 miles) SW
- Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk - 214.9 kms (133.5 miles) SSW
- Dublin, Ireland - 339 kms (210.7 miles) SW
- Valley, Uk - 314.1 kms (195.2 miles) SSW
- Orkney Islands, Uk - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) N
- Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk - 150.7 kms (93.6 miles) NNE
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 77.5 kms (48.1 miles) S
- Tynemouth, England, Uk - 166 kms (103.1 miles) SE
- Leeming, Uk - 223.4 kms (138.8 miles) SSE
- Hull, England, Uk - 320.5 kms (199.2 miles) SE
- Manchester, England, Uk - 297.6 kms (184.9 miles) SSE