Edinburgh, Scotland Climate & Temperature
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk is at 56°0'N, 3°24'W, 35 m (115 ft). See map.
- Edinburgh, Scotland has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Edinburgh, Scotland is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 8.4 degrees Celsius (47.1 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.3 °C (20.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 6.5°C (43.8°F) on average falling to 0.4°C (32.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 11.3°C (52.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 3.4°C (38.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 18.2°C (64.8°F) and average low temperatures are 9.7°C (49.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.7°C (54.9°F) during the day and lows of 5.5°C (41.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 668 mm (26.3 inches) which is equivalent to 668 Litres/m² (16.38 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1384 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Edinburgh, Scotland you would come out nearest to the climate station at Macquarie Island, Australia where you would find a Tundra climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Edinburgh, Scotland, Uk Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Stornoway, Outer Hebridies, Uk - 302.7 kms (188.1 miles) NW
- Kinloss, Uk - 183.2 kms (113.9 miles) N
- Dalwhinnie, Scotland, Uk - 115.7 kms (71.9 miles) NNW
- Tiree, Uk - 222.2 kms (138.1 miles) WNW
- Glasgow, Scotland, Uk - 64 kms (39.8 miles) WSW
- Malin Head, Ireland - 256.4 kms (159.3 miles) WSW
- Ballykelly, Northern Ireland, Uk - 250.1 kms (155.4 miles) WSW
- Belfast-Aldergrove, Uk - 232.4 kms (144.4 miles) SW
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, Uk - 233 kms (144.8 miles) SW
- Clones, Ireland - 313.8 kms (195 miles) SW
- Douglas, Isle Of Man, Uk - 214.9 kms (133.5 miles) SSW
- Dublin, Ireland - 339 kms (210.7 miles) SW
- Valley, Uk - 314.1 kms (195.2 miles) SSW
- Orkney Islands, Uk - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) N
- Aberdeen, Scotland, Uk - 150.7 kms (93.6 miles) NNE
- Eskdalemuir, Scotland, Uk - 77.5 kms (48.1 miles) S
- Tynemouth, England, Uk - 166 kms (103.1 miles) SE
- Leeming, Uk - 223.4 kms (138.8 miles) SSE
- Hull, England, Uk - 320.5 kms (199.2 miles) SE
- Manchester, England, Uk - 297.6 kms (184.9 miles) SSE